Navigating the world of ecommerce can often feel like a high-wire act.
You’re balancing customer satisfaction with profit margins, all while trying to minimize losses. Thankfully, inventory control software can be your safety net.
Inventory software, with a robust inventory asset management system, can:
- Have a real-time bird’s-eye view of your stock
- Automate stock replenishment to prevent “out of stock” nightmares
- Keep tabs on shipments and deliveries
- Use historical data to forecast sales trends and demand
- Seamlessly connect with your existing business applications
In this article, we’ll delve into nine best inventory management software solutions that could be game-changers for your ecommerce business in 2023.
Plus, we’ll explore the essential features to consider when selecting new inventory management systems. Let’s dive in.
Best inventory control software: Our top 9 picks
There’s no shortage of inventory management platforms vying for your attention out there. So, to save you the brain ache of sifting through them all, we’ve handpicked nine standout inventory software solutions for you:
- Oracle Netsuite
- Zoho Inventory
In this section, we’ll deep dive into the world of each of these inventory management software solutions. We’ll highlight their standout features, integrations, and pricing options, providing a comprehensive view of what each inventory management system brings to the table.
So, let’s pull back the curtain and take a closer look.
Linnworks puts your commerce hustle and bustle at the heart of operations, empowering you to hit those business goals with flair. Say hello to managing multichannel inventory, optimizing orders, and fulfillment tasks, all while basking in the glow of actionable insights from a centralized hub.
Linnworks’ central dashboard is a game-changer. Seamlessly integrate with top ecommerce platforms, automate your operations, and keep a watchful eye on crucial company stats all from one cozy corner. It’s the ideal tool to manage inventory.
- FIFO support: curtail product waste with Linnworks’ FIFO (First In, First Out) support, ensuring customers receive their orders promptly
- Multi-location inventory management: rule your asset management across various warehouses and locales from your dashboard throne
- Multichannel listings: fewer clicks, more time. Rapidly upload items to multiple marketplaces
- Order management: bid adieu to the tedium of manual tasks with automatic order downloading and sorting across channels
- Real-time analytics: savvy business choices are just a data point away with Linnworks’ real-time insights
- Real-time shipping rates: keep tabs on domestic and international shipping costs and snag the best deal for your business
- Inventory forecasting: dodge the overstock-understock trap with Linnworks’ savvy stock forecasting and receive timely low stock alerts
- Warehouse management: with Linnworks’ slick pick, pack, and delivery process, you can shrink error rates and meet shipping times
Linnworks plays well with others, smoothly integrating with global sales channels such as Amazon, eBay, Magento, Walmart, and Shopify, as well as shipping partners like DHL, ShipStation, and the United States Postal Services.
Whether you’re a small start-up or a full-fledged enterprise, Linnworks makes for an ideal inventory management comrade across industries.
Linnworks keeps it flexible, offering a range of pricing options tailored to your unique business needs.
SkuVault is an innovative inventory control platform that consolidates your various inventory management needs into one integrated system, for a simple yet effective way to manage inventory.
This inventory software solution is ideal for businesses that require precise shipment tracking, efficient processing, and reliable reporting, SkuVault shines with its superior quality control features. This aspect is critical to preventing shipping errors and maintaining a high standard of customer satisfaction.
Its standout feature, quality control, allows you to track inventory throughout your supply chain, ensuring product authenticity and maintaining high service standards.
- Inventory tracking: SkuVault enables accurate tracking of your products, making sure you’re always aware of stock levels (via low stock alerts), locations, and movements
- Order management: the solution provides comprehensive order management tools, allowing you to manage your sales orders efficiently and accurately
- Reporting: SkuVault’s detailed reporting system lets you keep tabs on every aspect of your entire inventory management process, providing essential data for strategic decision-making.
SkuVault integrates seamlessly with several popular platforms, including Amazon, eBay, Shopify, and more, thereby enhancing the functionality and flexibility of your operations.
Who’s it for
SkuVault is an excellent choice for ecommerce businesses of all sizes, especially those that place a high emphasis on quality control and efficient order management.
SkuVault offers competitive pricing that depends on the needs and size of your business. Customized quotes can be requested directly from the provider.
For those interested in exploring SkuVault’s capabilities, they offer a free inventory management software demo.
Boxstorm is your online inventory management command center, enabling you to keep a sharp eye on your inventory, orders, and deliveries scattered across various warehouses and retail spots.
What sets Boxstorm apart is its forever free licensing plan, Boxstorm Forever Free, offering cloud-based inventory management software with a complimentary QuickBooks Online integration.
- Cost tracking: stay ahead of the curve on your current inventory costs with Boxstorm’s cost tracking feature. Think audit trails, cycle counts, and location data to get a handle on your spending
- Purchasing management: make your purchasing process work smarter, not harder. Auto-stock levels, order streamlining, and easy ticket creation are all in a day’s work with Boxstorm
- Multiple locations: take the reins of multiple warehouses across different locations, streamlined effortlessly
- Mobile optimization: leverage your mobile device for easy barcode scanning, supporting cycle counting, item transfers, and scans in/out
Boxstorm keeps your ecommerce platforms company, supporting big players like Shopify and Stripe. Plus, it integrates with QuickBooks Online for foolproof bookkeeping. This is also ideal for ecommerce businesses that want to streamline business processes.
Small businesses and medium-sized enterprises across industries, Boxstorm could be your next inventory management best friend.
Boxstorm plays it straight with a two-tier pricing plan. The free version includes one user, one location, 25 items, and 100 transactions.
Feeling the need for more? The Pro version ($79/month) grants you unlimited transactions and items and charges $9/user per month.
inFlow offers you a much-loved inventory control system, helping you trace inventory, purchases, and sales within a single program.
If that’s not enough, it supports full pick and Bill of Materials (BOM). The standout feature of inFlow is its barcode tool – you can assign and print unique barcodes to items using your handy mobile device.
Say goodbye to buying barcode scanners and hello to using your phone or tablet!
- Document management: from printing and emailing crucial documents such as invoices, receipts, and labels, to securely storing them with an SSL security feature, inFlow has you covered
- Onboarding: new to inFlow? Don’t worry! They guide you through every step, offering an organization-specific customization tool to ensure you reap maximum benefits
- Order management: streamline your purchasing process within a centralized dashboard on inFlow, keeping track of your invoices, orders, and stocks
- Reports: inFlow’s real-time analytics ensure your decisions are based on accurate, up-to-date data. From sales to profits, payments received, and taxes filed, get a grip on all your business aspects for efficient operations
inFlow plays well with Gmail, Jira, Slack, Zapier, and Zendesk Sell.
Who’s it for
Perfect for small to midsize businesses across various sectors – inFlow could be your next inventory management solution.
inFlow comes with a range of options, starting at $89 per month and going up to $1,000 monthly for enterprise users.
Want to take it for a spin first? There’s a 14-day free inventory management software trial for those keen to test the waters.
A cloud-based inventory control solution, Megaventory, brings a new level of ease to managing your inventory management processes. It’s the go-to tool for businesses dealing with serials, batches, returns, and dropshipping, delivering a user-friendly interface and tracking features.
Megaventory stands out for its simplicity, boasting an easily digestible dashboard. You can set it up quickly, integrating it across your business supply chain. Plus, it offers essential enterprise data to keep an eye on your inventory levels.
- Data administration: set data permissions, perform backups, and manage multiple currencies for your orders – Megaventory has got your back
- Inventory management: with Megaventory, you’ll never miss a beat on stock alerts. It tracks multiple retail inventory numbers using serial numbers, handles location transfers, and adapts to various warehouse locations
- Order fulfillment: this tool supports different order types, including sales, purchase, and consignment orders. Plus, it automates fulfillment capability checks, reducing manual errors
- Reporting: Megaventory’s robust reporting features enable you to visualize your inventory data seamlessly. Generate real-time reports, analyze KPIs, and export them to other programs
- Tracking tools: keep your finger on the pulse of your inventory with Megaventory’s tracking tools. Stay updated on sales orders, purchase orders, labor, and material costs right from your dashboard
Megaventory works well with major ecommerce platforms like Shopify, Zapier, and Magento. It also supports services and techniques like kitting.
Who’s it for
While Megaventory suits ecommerce businesses of all sizes, medium-sized companies can leverage its features to the fullest.
Megaventory’s affordability shines through its pricing plans, starting from just $9.90 with four licensing models.
Want to try before you buy? They offer a limited-time free version.
6. Oracle Netsuite
Oracle Netsuite, a powerhouse of ERP solutions, is a SaaS system designed to automate and streamline your business operations across various departments and locations. It provides real-time insights and customizable dashboards.
Oracle Netsuite’s unique selling point? Its outstanding replenishment feature keeps a vigilant eye on all the key details of your inventory, enabling you to manage inventory with ease. By focusing on stock levels and reordering points, it ensures you’re meeting demands across various warehouse locations.
- Manufacturing accounting: beyond mere inventory management, Oracle Netsuite can handle your core accounting needs, from creating invoices and evaluating potential taxes to performing forecasting
- Production management: quotes, contract renewals, cost estimations – you can handle it all with Oracle Netsuite’s production management feature
- Sales order management: Oracle Netsuite automates your billing and order management processes, reducing errors and downtime
- Source management: compliance is critical. That’s why Oracle Netsuite’s centralized supply portal ensures your purchases always meet the mark
- Warehouse management: cut down on cycle time and overhead to improve delivery services and enhance customer satisfaction with Oracle Netsuite’s warehouse management features
Oracle Netsuite supports API integration and also plays well with major platforms like Salesforce.
Who’s it for
Tailored for medium-sized companies, Oracle Netsuite offers a comprehensive inventory management asset tracking solution.
Oracle Netsuite is available for an upfront cost of $99 per month, but maintenance fees? Almost non-existent, thanks to its automatic updates.
SalesBinder simplifies inventory control for you. No matter what industry you’re in, it helps manage stocks, invoices, orders, and more.
The star of the show? SalesBinder’s robust CRM module.
SalesBinder’s CRM module is designed to enhance customer satisfaction and retention. It lets you create various customer accounts, collecting crucial information like billing history, contact numbers, and email addresses.
- Barcode scanning: say goodbye to inventory headaches. SalesBinder’s barcode scanning feature keeps a tab on your inventory, orders, and deliveries and lets you access all crucial retail inventory information
- Inventory management: never second guess your inventory again. Get accurate counts, create item variations, set up units of measure, and bundle items together
- Invoice and estimates: SalesBinder makes it simple to create customizable estimates and invoices and email them directly from the program
- Purchase order management: keep your shelves stocked by easily replenishing and tracking products after sending orders to your suppliers. Need to make drop shipments to your clients? SalesBinder has you covered
- Reporting: get to know your business better with SalesBinder’s dashboard, which lets you monitor activities, revenue, and key statistics
SalesBinder plays nicely with third-party apps like Quickbooks Online, Xero Accounting, WooCommerce, WordPress, and Zapier.
Who’s it for
SalesBinder is a great fit for small businesses and medium-sized enterprises looking for efficient inventory management.
Interested in trying out SalesBinder? It starts at just $9 per month and even offers a free inventory management software trial for new users.
8. Zoho Inventory
Zoho Inventory is a cloud-based solution that empowers you to efficiently and manage inventory and create purchase orders and sales orders. As a robust tool, it tracks your inventory items and processes seamlessly.
What sets Zoho Inventory apart? Its top-notch purchase order management tool.
This feature enables you to manage both your online sales channels and offline orders from popular eCommerce platforms like Amazon and eBay, and optimizes your billing and ordering processes by intelligently identifying your nearest warehouse.
- Real-time shipping rates: take control of your shipping expenses with Zoho Inventory. Its feature to check live shipping rates across multiple providers lets you calculate projected costs based on the weight of goods, delivery time, and distance
- Reporting: make data-driven decisions with Zoho Inventory’s fully-customizable detailed reports. Export your data in various formats including CSV, XLS, and PDF for more flexibility
- Tracking tools: stay informed about your goods and deliveries with Zoho Inventory. Track items through unique serial numbers and use its batch tracking feature for bulk orders
- Warehouse management: keep stockouts at bay with Zoho Inventory’s comprehensive warehouse management tools. Seamlessly manage movement across multiple warehouses and retail businesses
Zoho Inventory works harmoniously with popular ecommerce platforms like Amazon, eBay, and Etsy, as well as Google Shopping and Shopify. It also integrates with other Zoho Apps like Zoho CRM and Zoho Books for a holistic business solution.
Who’s it for
Zoho Inventory is an all-around solution, ideal for small, medium-sized, and large enterprises alike.
Experience Zoho Inventory’s capabilities starting at just $59 per month.
Meet ShipBob, your comprehensive solution for more streamlined inventory control and order fulfillment. Designed with flexibility in mind, it offers efficient and reliable ecommerce order fulfillment, catering to the needs of a wide range of industries.
One of the standout benefits of ShipBob? It smoothens your workflow and substantially reduces the time spent on manual tasks.
- Order fulfillment: ShipBob automates your order fulfillment, seamlessly syncing with your sales channels and providing real-time tracking updates. This means no more manual labor or waiting around for deliveries
- Inventory management: keep your finger on the pulse of stock levels and optimize inventory across multiple warehouses. This feature enables proactive management, helping you prevent stockouts and excess inventory
- Distributed inventory: Expand your reach and reduce shipping times with ShipBob’s distributed inventory feature. Store your inventory in different fulfillment centers to ship orders faster and more cost-effectively
- Return management: handle customer returns with ease using ShipBob’s return management feature. It simplifies the process, making it less stressful for both you and your customers
ShipBob integrates smoothly with popular ecommerce platforms and marketplaces, providing a holistic solution for your business.
Who’s it for
Whether you’re running a small startup or a large enterprise, ShipBob is a versatile solution designed to cater to all sizes of businesses.
What’s more? ShipBob offers a custom pricing model based on the specific needs of your business. You can get in touch with them for a personalized quote.
What features should I look for in inventory management software?
Navigating the vast sea of inventory management software can be quite a challenge, especially when your goal is to find the perfect tool that will speed up your path to business success.
The best inventory management software should offer a blend of the following features:
- Stock Management
Say goodbye to tedious and time-consuming repetitive tasks. The right inventory management software should automate these duties, freeing up invaluable time, especially for smaller ecommerce businesses.
From automating inventory data entry to inventory tracking, the potential for time savings is immense. Plus, automating these tasks can significantly reduce errors often seen in manual inventory management.
An essential feature of your chosen inventory management software should be its ability to help you make informed decisions.
To do this, it must provide comprehensive reporting capabilities. An inventory system with robust reporting features will allow you to analyze and interpret vital company data, enabling you to refine your strategies and cut down on operational costs and time.
Change is the only constant in business.
So, when choosing an inventory management software, opt for a solution that is flexible and can adapt to changing business and inventory needs. This adaptability will ensure that your system can grow and evolve with your business.
In this digital age, it is crucial to ensure your systems are secure from hackers. Inventory management software is no exception.
Ensure the vendor you choose has robust security features in place to protect your inventory data from unauthorized access and threats. Key security features to look out for include SSL encryption, multi-factor authentication, and server redundancies to safeguard data during downtime.
A key feature in any inventory control software is its ability to handle stock management effectively.
Seek out inventory management software that meticulously monitors your inventory counts, movement, storage costs, and stock locations, giving you complete control and understanding of your inventory situation.
How do I select the best inventory control software for my business?
Choosing the right inventory management software for your business involves considering a variety of factors.
To kick things off, identify your current needs in terms of features, scalability, and budget. Develop a list of desired features that you expect the software to offer.
Beyond immediate needs, envision the future needs of your business. Identify the functionalities you might need down the line to ensure the system you select is future-proof.
Once your list is ready, start exploring various inventory control software vendors, comparing their offerings based on your list. Weigh in factors like pricing models and customer reviews before zeroing in on a choice.
Select a vendor that aligns with your needs and carries positive references. Don’t shy away from asking them about service quality, maintenance, and customer support before committing.
Here are some essential features that will prove beneficial for ecommerce businesses of all kinds:
- Real-time inventory tracking
- Automated reordering
- Integration capabilities with other systems
- Ease of use
- Customizable reporting
- Data security and privacy
Let’s take a closer look at these capabilities and how they can accelerate your path to business success:
Real-time inventory stock tracking: stay ahead of the game with up-to-the-minute updates on your stock levels. This feature ensures you’re never caught off guard by stock-outs or overstock situations.
Automated reordering: let your software do the hard work. Automated reordering can ensure you’re always stocked up by placing automated purchase orders when inventory levels fall below a certain point.
Integration capabilities with other systems: seamless integration with your other various business processes and systems can create a harmonious workflow, improving efficiency and productivity.
Ease of use: a user-friendly interface makes it easy for everyone on your team to navigate the software, minimizing the learning curve and time spent on training.
Customizable reporting: detailed, customizable reports allow you to analyze data that matters most to your business, driving informed decision-making.
Scalability: as your business grows, so should your software. Scalability ensures your software can handle increased load and complexity as your business expands.
Data security and privacy: with cybersecurity threats on the rise, robust data security and privacy features are non-negotiable. Ensure your software can protect your valuable business information.
Cost-effectiveness: the software you choose should provide value for money, delivering a suite of powerful features that justify its cost.
Empower your ecommerce business with the right inventory control software
Harnessing the power of inventory control software is critical for ecommerce businesses aiming to streamline operations and boost efficiency. These indispensable tools automate vital processes including shipping labels, tracking inventory levels, restocking, data analysis, and more.
When choosing a vendor, make sure to weigh in elements like pricing models, offered features, and customer feedback. Don’t forget to probe into the security measures they employ to safeguard your business data.
With its automation capabilities and user-friendly design, it can help you save time, reduce costs, and ultimately provide a competitive edge.
Eager to learn more about managing your inventory effectively? Let Linnworks show you how it can revolutionize your inventory control process and keep your customers satisfied.
Embark on this transformative journey by signing up for a product tour today – no sales, no push, no fuss, and it only takes three minutes to have a look around!
Inventory control FAQs
What is inventory control software?
Inventory control software is a digital tool designed to streamline and automate your inventory management processes.
This includes functionalities like monitoring inventory levels, automating restocking, and data analysis. This powerful software assists eCommerce businesses by simplifying processes, saving time, and maximizing resources.
What are the benefits of using inventory control software?
Inventory control software brings numerous benefits to eCommerce businesses. By automating and simplifying inventory management, it saves time, reduces costs, and optimizes resources.
It also minimizes errors arising from manual data entries, enhances customer service, and provides insights that aid in making data-driven business decisions.
How does inventory control software work?
Inventory control software, predominantly cloud-based, operates by tracking inventory levels, facilitating restocking, and analyzing data, among other functions.
It can be seamlessly integrated with other systems, such as accounting or ERP systems, to provide a comprehensive overview of your business’s current operations.
What should I look for when selecting inventory control software?
When deciding on inventory control software, you need to weigh factors like pricing structures, customer testimonials, software features, and scalability.
Also, envision the future requirements of your business and select a system that can evolve to meet those needs. Opt for a vendor with a solid reputation and a track record of providing superior service.
How much does inventory control software cost?
The pricing of inventory control software is variable and hinges on the vendor and the range of features included in the system. Many platforms provide a free inventory management trial or even a fully-functional free tier, allowing you to test-drive the software and ascertain whether it aligns with your business needs.
It’s advisable to compare different vendors and their offerings before settling on a choice. Other factors like scalability and customer support should also be considered when choosing a solution provider.
Is inventory control software secure?
Yes, the majority of inventory control software providers incorporate robust security measures to safeguard user data.
This often includes encryption, stringent access controls, and secure data storage. It’s prudent to investigate the security protocols of a potential vendor prior to any commitment.
How do I get started using inventory control software?
Getting started with inventory control software involves identifying your necessary features and comparing different vendors. Once you’ve chosen the ideal software for your business, you can initiate the setup process and integrate it with other operational systems.
It’s essential to thoroughly test the system to ensure it satisfies your needs. Reviewing customer feedback and consulting with industry experts can also aid in making a well-informed decision. By doing so, you’ll be better equipped to manage your inventory effectively, decrease costs, and streamline operations.
With common automation and user-friendly design features, it’s is an invaluable asset for ecommerce businesses.